Sunday, October 11, 2015

The good news

Today we found out that he only has one tumor site, the one in his neck. I like to say "the good news is that there is only one tumor." It is really good news. That is our first break. Also, his bone marrow looks normal. That is also good news.  And, even if I had saved his umbilical cord, they wouldn't be able to use it for a stem cell transplant, so nothing lost there. That is also good news. Finally, there is nothing that we did to cause this tumor. It wasn't because I ate non-organic chicken, or I ate too many pieces of grilled meat, or because I was induced or had a cesarean section, or because I have old toxins stored in my fat cells that may be released into my breast milk. They don't know what causes this type of cancer but are confident it has nothing to do with anything we did or didn't do. We are all glad that we caught it early. We are all happy with the dedication, care and persistence of the Children's Hospital NICU team. We are in good hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment